B: Racquetball is a popular sport. It was first played in the US. This game started just a little more than 50 years ago. That makes it quite a new sport.
Other racket sports like tennis and squash have been played for a long time. Racquetball rules are a mix of rules from both handball and squash. A short racket is used to play this game.
This game became popular almost at once when it first came out. More and more people wanted to play it. Clubs began to build racquetball courts. They built these courts for players of this new sport.
People of all ages can play this game. But most players today are young people. Most of them are between the ages of 12 and 34. Racquetball is now a famous sport. It is played all over the world.
- racquetball /ˈrækɪtˌbɔl/: an indoor game in which two players use small rackets to hit a ball
- tennis /ˈtenɪs/: quần vợt
- squash /skwɑʃ/: a game in which two players use rackets to hit a small ball against a wall
- handball /ˈhændˌbɔl/: in the U.S., a game in which two or four people hit a ball against a wall with their hands
- racket /ˈrækɪt/: cây vợt
- court /kɔrt/: sân thi đấu